Virtual Summer School 2020
Monday, July 6, to Friday, July 31, 2020
- Summer School 2020 will be online through Plato and Canvas as the LMS.
- Plato Courses NOT in English will meet 8:00 AM-10:00 AM
- Plato English will meet 10:05 AM-12:05 PM
- Onsite support will be held at SES during the 10:05 AM- 12:05 PM session with an opportunity to participate in the summer lunch program between 11:00 AM-12:30 PM
- Please note that session I and session II will rotate on a weekly basis (see teacher syllabus)
- An online informational meeting will be held on Monday, June 29th at 10am through the Canvas Course Virtual Summer School 2020
- All coursework in summer school is credit recovery or enrichment unless otherwise approved.
- All students will use a school issued iPad or MacBook to complete courses. Devices will be distributed the week of June 29th.
- All students will be enrolled in the Canvas Course Virtual Summer School 2020.
- All students must be present through virtual communication during their scheduled time or risk being counted present for their course.
- Attendance will be taken on a daily basis with an option for make-up during scheduled online office hours. See teacher syllabus for dates and times.
- All coursework must be completed by July 31, 2020, or no credit will be given.
- Any coursework started and not completed will earn an incomplete or W/F.
- Students may only enroll in one summer school course unless otherwise approved.
- There are no fees for summer school.
- Priority must be given to English.
- Students are only permitted to miss 2 days. Students may be withdrawn from a course with a W/F on the 3rd absence. PLEASE do not stop attending until you’ve spoken with administration. Two tardies equals one absence.
- Students must receive approval prior to enrolling in a course.
- Enrollment will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- All school rules apply. Violating school rules may result in a W/F from summer school.
- Uncooperative behavior may result in being removed from virtual summer school with a W/F.
After speaking with Mrs. Ritchie, select the session below most appropriate for you:
Session 1: Courses Offered via PLATO Software. Math will receive first priority.
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Session 2: Courses Offered via PLATO Software. English will receive first priority.
Time: 10:05 AM - 12:05 PM
Please see the reverse side for the Registration Form. Please pay attention to deadlines.