Students are under the jurisdiction of school officials and school rules while at school or attending a school function, which includes traveling to and from school or the school function. Please refer to IC 20-33-8-10 concerning school discipline.
Students are expected to maintain behavior that emphasizes the Selma Elementary School Lifelines. The following rules provide guidelines for student conduct.
- Students are expected to treat each other in a respectful manner showing kindness.
- Students are expected to keep their hands to themselves and avoid touching or bothering others using self-control.
- Students are to show respect to school personnel and follow their instructions.
- Students must avoid the use of any language that is inappropriate, distracting, or hurtful. Manners should be used at all times.
- Students are expected to cooperate and obey all school rules.
- Students must practice daily their personal best and follow all classroom rules.